Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

The calm before the storm?

Hi y'all,

Sooooo how have you been? What's been up this week? Well honestly? Not much. This week was nothing short of plain boring runschedule-wise. It sucked. Just three runs and all of them only about 4 miles. Now I don't know about you lot but with a week like that I can't think of new and invigorating routes or places to run. So this week was just...

Now I'm not going to bore you with a stupid story on boring runs any longer than this so I figured this week I would give you some of my favorite running items. Not really an original thing to do either since I have seen many bloggers doing this, however I learned from other runners and I just believe that any worked through and tested out running-item-tip might be helpful. I mean I have been testing out tips from other runners myself and some items are now things I can't imagine going without. This post wasn't paid for by anyone and I know this might come across as a commercial break but I wasn't paid and these items are just amazing. These are my absolute favorites when it comes to running and my tips for you

Items I absolutely love are:

domyos top

my favorite top because it fits perfectly and doesn't creep up and dries quickly. Plus I love the color. I buy these at Decathlon which luckily for me (not for my wallet) is located across the street from where I work.

foam roller

This foam roller tip I tested out after reading several blogger's reviews and I have to say it is an amazing (and yes very painful) thing. For me it helps me to loosen up my muscles after a long run. I hate using it because it isn't very pleasant but I love the effects.I got mine online

Glide body

This stick was a tip I got from another runner too and I tried it because for me vaseline doesn't work. I still ended up chafed and cut open on the back. This product is amazing. No more chafing! Seriously. I am not a flatchested person so I have to take good care of my skin pre and post run. This little wonder is worth every penny. Trust me!

Kalenji socks

The best pair of thin socks that dry crazy fast. Love these and got them at Decathlon too

Nathan handheld

Finding the right waterbottle is a thing of trial and error I guess. I tried everything from fuel belts with one bottle to belts with many tiny ones and even a backpack with a hoser in it. I ended up chafed or cut open even. Some of the scars never left my back and for me wearing my fuel on my back or hips just doesn't work. I love my handheld. Though I have to admit that I bought a new bottle for it because the old one leaked water. Can't have that on a long run

Shockabsorber maximum support bra

Now my girls are big and running makes them hurt a lot when I do not get the support I need. I have tried the comfort's and even the bra from this brand designed for running. The award winning one. However for me the best bra out there is this shockabsorber. It is not cheap but your girls need to be taken care of properly and when I snug them up inside this bra...well...they're not going anywhere. Worth every penny though I always look for an online sale whenever I need a new pair.

Kalenji tights 3/4

These tights are thin and therefore good for hot weather runs. I can't and never will wear anything above the knee because well....I don't feel comfortable doing that so 3/4 is my favorite length. These tights fit perfectly, look good on me and my wallet doesn't cry whenever I buy a new pair. Love them. Got them at Decathlon

Tomtom runner GPS watch

My latest and greatest gadget. I love this watch. It tracks my runs perfectly and it is compatible with both nike+ and runkeeper. I use both apps frequently and now I don't have to think about it anymore. Beats running with my watch on my arm. Bought mine online after asking the running community how they felt about this watch. I agree with them. Great watch!

That's it for this week. Please remember you can still sponsor my run by clicking right here and since I am currently at 32% of my goal I'd be very happy if you could find it in your heart to donate just a little something.

Until we read again

As always, Love Marlies

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

The will to succeed....

Hi y'all, The world is filled with wishes, dreams, hopes and fears and I'm happy this tiny orb has all of m and yet that longing, that need, that hope for things to happen or maybe even the fear for them won't ever make anything happen. A dream alone will get you through a dark time but it won't make the night go away. Hope for better times will provide you with some sort of elastic band that might stretch a little further but it won't get you over that gap. A wish is nothing more than a whisper over candle light or a shooting star blasted into a universe that knows no sound and fears are the seeimingly unbreakable ties your mind has you wrapped in. The world won't give you anything, the universe can't hear you. People might and hopefully your mind will. Did you ever experience the absolute need to do something, no doubts nor fears about weather or not you're able to? That is exactly how I felt the first time I started training for a marathon. I wanted

Playing roulette with your emotions

Hi y'all After being part of the amazing Dam-tot-Damloop and having so much fun I am confident I can actually pull off the distance in San Francisco. The hills I'm a little nervous about but I'm doing everything within my options to get stronger so my legs will be able to carry me up and down the hills without losing too much time. This means I started seeing a physical therapist and I'm working on core stability and strength too about three times a week. I do have some breaking news  but I can't share it yet because not all details are clear. As soon as they are I promise y'all a memorable update. As for now....I have been training for the hills in San Francisco. How? Well....last Sunday my love set out a race course over 7 kilometers that included two pretty steep bridges: Amsterdamse brug and Schellingwoudebrug. Just a few pictures that Sander de Boer made for you to enjoy. Thank you Sander for being there all the way. I love you! At the base of the

I will run the Damloop 2013 for ZZF

To my dear Dutch donating friends and all other readers, A new blog. It has been a while since I blogged about anything so why start now? I am fortunate enough to be one of many runners of the famous Dutch Damloop and I've taken on this 10 mile run as fundraiser for a very good cause. They're called Stichting Zeldzame Ziekten Fonds This organisations' main goal is to raise money for research on rare diseases such as Kawasaki's disease and Neuralgic Amyotrophie. Why this organisation when there are so many others? Well that is easy: Since little is known about those rare diseases research needs to be done. As we all know research is expansive and since everybody has to make budget cuts the research on these rare diseases is likely to be put on hold. But did you know in Holland most patients of a rare disease are children? And did you know that most rare diseases are life threatning or leave you (severely) impared? Did you know that in Holland 30% of the children s