Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

Your heart will find what you'll allow your eyes to see

Hi Y'all,

The journey is beginning to take a toll on this traveler. I am but 75 days away of this incredible thing called marathon and I'm starting to feel the miles. The road is hiding under the dusty rain washed shimmer of summer, my shoes are wearing out as am I. But I trot on, back straight, shoulders down and my head held high. Tired or not: this story has not yet come to a close.







This road is a dangerous one, full of weary travelers like myself and untrustworthy characters bound to prey on the likes of us. We must always keep a watchful eye and a clear mind for on the magical road to marathon finish there will come a time when you'll need to have your wits about, a time where you will have to face your foes and fight them.  I thusfar encountered and battled a few foes. The first foe was a dodgy fellow named disbelieve. I could see it in the eyes of a few people and it made me doubt myself. Can I actually pull this one off? Can I make it? Feeding straight into my fears Disbelieve grabbed me by my anckles and tried to pull me under the grassy carpet but I shook him off and stamped on him. Trampeling the thing seemed about the only reasonable thing to do. 

Standing firmly on top of the grass instead of lying under it, I trotted on and it didn't take me long to encounter my next foe called Time. This fellow is a difficult one to catch because of its abbilities to speed things up or slow them down. So I found out that the best way to defeat this foe is to embrace and acknowledge its existence as is; be it slow or fast. Just let it be and try to enjoy it as it comes along.


Disbelieve, self-doubt and time are potentially leathal companions so I have learned. You see the road to marathon finish is scattered with all kinds of obstacles that can only be overcome if you tame these companions and turn them into something useable. Time for instance can help you relax your mind if you stop worrying about it. Self-doubt can help you see what you have accomplished thusfar if you are willing to let go of it. Disbelieve can help you see that it is only a mirror of the people holding it in their eyes. However if you let Disbelieve be your guide it will stop you in your tracks and self-doubt will turn into proof of uncomplishments. Time will get the best of you whenever you worry about it or whenever you let it pass you by. So what is a girl on this treacherous road to do? 





You embrace the fact that you can not change the road. Each bent, each hill, each valley, each sunblasted patch or rainfilled part is unchangable and undeniable. Fighting the road is futile. The road just is and as such you can only respect the road and travel it with a clear mind and a watchful eye. Do not doubt yourself because the hills will not change by it. Do not fear the rain or the sun because they will not leave for it. Open your eyes and embrace the fact that life will show you beauty if you allow your eyes to see past the pain and the hard work. Climbing up means enjoying the view and soaring down afterwards. Each bent in the road is new adventure waiting for you. A new breathtaking valley or an impressive mountain? You can only find out if you believe in yourself and once you do the road is incredible.

The road will always be daunting as it will be rewarding. Leave your pain, anger, doubt and sadness in your tracks. The road is always there and it will always listen to you. Embrace the beauty of your journey when you see the sun set over the ocean and come up again over the mountains. The road never changes, the road knows not of good nor evil. There is no justice, no bigger meaning or fairness so don't go looking for it. The road will not provide you with solid answers, since it has none to give. The road knows not of past and future. There is only the now on the road. Open your heart to the now and see the beauty that lies within for your heart will find what you'll allow your eyes to see.





That's it for now, as always
Love Marlies

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

The will to succeed....

Hi y'all, The world is filled with wishes, dreams, hopes and fears and I'm happy this tiny orb has all of m and yet that longing, that need, that hope for things to happen or maybe even the fear for them won't ever make anything happen. A dream alone will get you through a dark time but it won't make the night go away. Hope for better times will provide you with some sort of elastic band that might stretch a little further but it won't get you over that gap. A wish is nothing more than a whisper over candle light or a shooting star blasted into a universe that knows no sound and fears are the seeimingly unbreakable ties your mind has you wrapped in. The world won't give you anything, the universe can't hear you. People might and hopefully your mind will. Did you ever experience the absolute need to do something, no doubts nor fears about weather or not you're able to? That is exactly how I felt the first time I started training for a marathon. I wanted

Playing roulette with your emotions

Hi y'all After being part of the amazing Dam-tot-Damloop and having so much fun I am confident I can actually pull off the distance in San Francisco. The hills I'm a little nervous about but I'm doing everything within my options to get stronger so my legs will be able to carry me up and down the hills without losing too much time. This means I started seeing a physical therapist and I'm working on core stability and strength too about three times a week. I do have some breaking news  but I can't share it yet because not all details are clear. As soon as they are I promise y'all a memorable update. As for now....I have been training for the hills in San Francisco. How? Well....last Sunday my love set out a race course over 7 kilometers that included two pretty steep bridges: Amsterdamse brug and Schellingwoudebrug. Just a few pictures that Sander de Boer made for you to enjoy. Thank you Sander for being there all the way. I love you! At the base of the

I will run the Damloop 2013 for ZZF

To my dear Dutch donating friends and all other readers, A new blog. It has been a while since I blogged about anything so why start now? I am fortunate enough to be one of many runners of the famous Dutch Damloop and I've taken on this 10 mile run as fundraiser for a very good cause. They're called Stichting Zeldzame Ziekten Fonds This organisations' main goal is to raise money for research on rare diseases such as Kawasaki's disease and Neuralgic Amyotrophie. Why this organisation when there are so many others? Well that is easy: Since little is known about those rare diseases research needs to be done. As we all know research is expansive and since everybody has to make budget cuts the research on these rare diseases is likely to be put on hold. But did you know in Holland most patients of a rare disease are children? And did you know that most rare diseases are life threatning or leave you (severely) impared? Did you know that in Holland 30% of the children s