Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

Where the butterflies roam

Hi y'all,

A few weeks ago I told y'all that the switch had flipped and that it felt like things were about to change and now I know they are. This last week it seemed like my whole life was about to flip 180 degrees and turn everything upside down back into to the sunlight.  Maybe it is just spring that suddenly broke lose in Amsterdam, maybe it's alle the positive changes that took shape and form this week but somehow I wake up and go to bed with this weird feeling that all of the things I did these past couple of months have led me to this whole new place and it is as unreal as it is true and I am looking at the world in awe once again.

So what happened? The better question here would be; what didn't? Everything happened and it all seemed to happen over the course of 48 hours. It started a week ago with me applying for a job I didn't get but then got a call that they might have something else in mind for me. Without going into further details I can share this with y'all: I am jumping up and down like a little puppy over this potential amazing thing I might get to do. Just this last friday I had a truely inpsiring meeting with the people I might actually get to do this thing with and for. Some people shape the world for the better each and every day and it felt like a privilege to have a proper sit down and talk freely.

 So that was one thing on Monday and then, while commuting home, I got a phone call from this realter in Nieuw-Vennep. We had registered for an appartement there just a day or two before not even thinking we might get invited to actually go take a look at the property and now....well we're gonna go see the appartement April 3d, The only really important question will be if we can afford it and that is when this potentially amazing thing I might get to do comes into play.  Gosh darnit these are scary and good and new and really scary things.

As if that wasn't enough to awaken the butterflies that were hibernating in my stomach then the part of my life as a runner certainly took good care of that last nodge they needed because trust me....they have awoken from their slumber. So marathon girl what happened? Once again I ask you....what didn't? Everything happened!

Last Monday I had another meeting for another very amazing and cool thing I have been wanting to do for ever and now it seems that I might even make it work. It will be a lot of hard work and it will take a very resillient person with a lot of passion and the utmost believe that it can be done and guess what: I am just that person. Not only do I firmly believe that if anyone can pull it off it is me. I am convinced I am actually going to do this thing. I know I can make it work and therefore I must. I am taking on the challenge of organizing a huge running event in Amsterdam. When, what and how is to remain a mystery until we can go live with the whole thing but trust me: it will be epic! I have shared the idea with a few people I really trust and those are (no surprise) people that have helped me get to where I am right now. It is those people that understand my drive and that are happy to help me out.

Next to that whole event thing my life as an almost certified running coach is rapidly becoming a serious part of my life...yes that is still possible. Next to the beginners group I get to coach on Saturdays I have been asked to coach an advanced group on Wednesday too. Before I said yes to that group I asked if was okay to set out on a training with them and it was and so I did. That training was amazing! I loved each and every minute of it and I got scared because some of the group members are just so incredibly fast I can't even begin to understand. After talking to my new coach last Saturday I feel like I can do this.

New coach? What is this you hear? You have a new coach? Well...yes after being in the running coach program for about 4 months and working out with my peers and doing two internships with him as my educator I gradually became aware of the fact that I started calling him coach. Y'all know how I feel about that title but it happened. So when I realized that I was comfortable enough to actually work with him on my running I decided that I would join a group with him as my coach. I hope to be starting out somewhere next week. I am a little scared because I know he won't take shit and will make me work my butt off but hey....that is what being coach is all about.

In short this past week I got to talk to three amazing human beings that shape and change the world for real on a daily basis, We got invited to check out an appartement, I got another running group to coach myself totalling my groups to three a week now, I feel like I have a new coach and I hope to start my training next week, So there you have. The world flipped 180 degrees back into the sun. The unreal is once again becoming very very real.

So whatever it is you do: never give up on you! Now get out there and be the change you want in this world. No limits, no regrets.

That's it for now, until we read again
As always, love Marlies



Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

The will to succeed....

Hi y'all, The world is filled with wishes, dreams, hopes and fears and I'm happy this tiny orb has all of m and yet that longing, that need, that hope for things to happen or maybe even the fear for them won't ever make anything happen. A dream alone will get you through a dark time but it won't make the night go away. Hope for better times will provide you with some sort of elastic band that might stretch a little further but it won't get you over that gap. A wish is nothing more than a whisper over candle light or a shooting star blasted into a universe that knows no sound and fears are the seeimingly unbreakable ties your mind has you wrapped in. The world won't give you anything, the universe can't hear you. People might and hopefully your mind will. Did you ever experience the absolute need to do something, no doubts nor fears about weather or not you're able to? That is exactly how I felt the first time I started training for a marathon. I wanted

Playing roulette with your emotions

Hi y'all After being part of the amazing Dam-tot-Damloop and having so much fun I am confident I can actually pull off the distance in San Francisco. The hills I'm a little nervous about but I'm doing everything within my options to get stronger so my legs will be able to carry me up and down the hills without losing too much time. This means I started seeing a physical therapist and I'm working on core stability and strength too about three times a week. I do have some breaking news  but I can't share it yet because not all details are clear. As soon as they are I promise y'all a memorable update. As for now....I have been training for the hills in San Francisco. How? Well....last Sunday my love set out a race course over 7 kilometers that included two pretty steep bridges: Amsterdamse brug and Schellingwoudebrug. Just a few pictures that Sander de Boer made for you to enjoy. Thank you Sander for being there all the way. I love you! At the base of the

I will run the Damloop 2013 for ZZF

To my dear Dutch donating friends and all other readers, A new blog. It has been a while since I blogged about anything so why start now? I am fortunate enough to be one of many runners of the famous Dutch Damloop and I've taken on this 10 mile run as fundraiser for a very good cause. They're called Stichting Zeldzame Ziekten Fonds This organisations' main goal is to raise money for research on rare diseases such as Kawasaki's disease and Neuralgic Amyotrophie. Why this organisation when there are so many others? Well that is easy: Since little is known about those rare diseases research needs to be done. As we all know research is expansive and since everybody has to make budget cuts the research on these rare diseases is likely to be put on hold. But did you know in Holland most patients of a rare disease are children? And did you know that most rare diseases are life threatning or leave you (severely) impared? Did you know that in Holland 30% of the children s