Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

You need to get lost

Hi y'all,

Grieve is an unexplicable phenomenon and yet I feel the dire need to explain what is happening to me, to me. Does that make any sense at all? It's a little like trying to solve a problem while going over it and doing so out loud. For me running has literally always been my go-to thing and even now when sometimes anger, overwhelming pain and total exhaustion take over my life, body, mind and all that is me...even now I run. Not far, not long and definately not fast but I'm running. I need to feel alive, a little like me every now and again to just survive all of the fucking crap I am going through.

Nobody ever told me losing a parent is so all consuming and that it makes complete and utter assholes out of everybody involved, so yes that does include myself. Ofcourse I have seen shit things happen to other families and yes even I have the brain capacity to go about it explaining how grieve does weird things to people and how grieve makes us all act in ways we never would in perfectly fine, well mannered and sophisticated times of our lives when all is well in Who-Ville. Well ...it is not. It is soooo absolutely NOT well. It is everything but well. It is a shithole and I wanna run away from it all, hide somewhere until it is all over and done with and people have returned to their normal selves or at least to their tolerable version of what they would call it.

This includes me. I am not me anymore. I have lost sight of what it means to be a normal living and breathing human in stead of the fire drake that this asshole disease has turned me into. I am angry beyond believe that I can't give my mom the help she needs so desperately and that I even get blamed for not being able to do so. I can't be a house elf, a trained caregiver, nurse or doctor when I need to come to terms with the fact that my mom's still alive but she is not my mom anymore. Not the mom I knew and loved. This disease slashes wounds beyond repair and when she is gone we have to rebuild something out of the rubble that remains and right now I am not so sure all things can be mended. Some things feel like they're broken forever.

So what do you do? In stead of walking out I decide to make it work each and every time. I take a deep breath, put on my most epic smile, straighten my back, pull up my chin and face the uglyness that will be dumped on me as it always does. And I run. This morning I decided to take an alternative route since I only had 30 minutes to spare and I wanted to see something new in my new home town. About half way in I found myself kinda not knowing where I was and it felt so good. Just standing there, not knowing which road to take and conciously deciding to not use my phone...I was lost. And it felt good. I was away from home and for about 20 minutes I felt like I could take any road and wouldn't matter. I felt alive. And so that is when I figured that feeling lost, or actually getting lost might not be so bad after all. Sometimes you need to get lost to find yourself. So maybe in all the ugly things that are happening to me and my family I should not try to hold on to myself so hard.....maybe I should let go and maybe I should lose myself a little. Maybe that is what grieve is all about....getting lost and finding yourself again. I just whish it didn't hurt so fucking much.

No matter what happens the rest of the day I can look back on a few minutes of feeling good. A few minutes suspended in time where it was just me, a road and any decision I wanted to make. Maybe, just maybe, that is enough for now.

Keep it unreal and make it happen, no limits no regrets!
Until we read again, as always
Love, Marlies

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

The will to succeed....

Hi y'all, The world is filled with wishes, dreams, hopes and fears and I'm happy this tiny orb has all of m and yet that longing, that need, that hope for things to happen or maybe even the fear for them won't ever make anything happen. A dream alone will get you through a dark time but it won't make the night go away. Hope for better times will provide you with some sort of elastic band that might stretch a little further but it won't get you over that gap. A wish is nothing more than a whisper over candle light or a shooting star blasted into a universe that knows no sound and fears are the seeimingly unbreakable ties your mind has you wrapped in. The world won't give you anything, the universe can't hear you. People might and hopefully your mind will. Did you ever experience the absolute need to do something, no doubts nor fears about weather or not you're able to? That is exactly how I felt the first time I started training for a marathon. I wanted

Playing roulette with your emotions

Hi y'all After being part of the amazing Dam-tot-Damloop and having so much fun I am confident I can actually pull off the distance in San Francisco. The hills I'm a little nervous about but I'm doing everything within my options to get stronger so my legs will be able to carry me up and down the hills without losing too much time. This means I started seeing a physical therapist and I'm working on core stability and strength too about three times a week. I do have some breaking news  but I can't share it yet because not all details are clear. As soon as they are I promise y'all a memorable update. As for now....I have been training for the hills in San Francisco. How? Well....last Sunday my love set out a race course over 7 kilometers that included two pretty steep bridges: Amsterdamse brug and Schellingwoudebrug. Just a few pictures that Sander de Boer made for you to enjoy. Thank you Sander for being there all the way. I love you! At the base of the

I will run the Damloop 2013 for ZZF

To my dear Dutch donating friends and all other readers, A new blog. It has been a while since I blogged about anything so why start now? I am fortunate enough to be one of many runners of the famous Dutch Damloop and I've taken on this 10 mile run as fundraiser for a very good cause. They're called Stichting Zeldzame Ziekten Fonds This organisations' main goal is to raise money for research on rare diseases such as Kawasaki's disease and Neuralgic Amyotrophie. Why this organisation when there are so many others? Well that is easy: Since little is known about those rare diseases research needs to be done. As we all know research is expansive and since everybody has to make budget cuts the research on these rare diseases is likely to be put on hold. But did you know in Holland most patients of a rare disease are children? And did you know that most rare diseases are life threatning or leave you (severely) impared? Did you know that in Holland 30% of the children s