Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

This is BADASS

Hi y'all,

Countdown tells me only 83 days to go before I will crush the hills in San Fran. Woohooo. I am still very excited about that and each passing week I learn so much and my confidence grows with each mile. Can I do this? Hell yeah I can! So how was last week? Well I trained 3 times according to schedule and felt good afterwards. check out this week's runs here

Running feels great but most of the times it's the wake-up-early part that really gets to me. I know I feel better running in the morning than I do running after an entire day of doing stuff but I really don't like morning. So normally when I know I have to get a run in I am going through a few stages and I end up running anyway. This is kind of what happens:

Phase one is the part where I go: MAKE IT STOP. I'm gonna throw shoes at somebody. GO AWAY! NO NO NO NO...why do I want to run a half marathon? This is STUPID!

Than the bargaining starts.Just one more minute? No wait another minute? Right! I will get out of bed but just so y'all know I am not going to be happy about it. It just isn't FAIR. It just isn't.

Phase 3 is all about trying to find stuff you perfectly well know where to find but for some reason can't anymore. The part where I go: where is/are my... fill in the blanks...The part where you walk around in just one sock, your bra and shirt, trying to tie the laces of one shoe while looking for that one perfect running pants that obviously is in the laundry basket. Until you realize..

You are actually trying to stop the inevitable and that is when I enter phase 4 aka the self motivational phase. It is when my inner coach (and he ain't got no off switch) screams at me and goes: STOP PROCRASTINATING and get your ass out on the street. Those hills don't run themselves and you better get moving otherwise you'll be crying all the way in San Fran. NOW GOGOGOGOGO!!

The coach always wins and there I go as I enter phase 5 and I'm driving either myself, my man or both insane as I am skipping through the house and trying to work up the juice I need to actually get out the door and run that long distance run my schedule is telling me to do on that way too early Sunday morning.

In a nutshell that is what running feels like especially on those Sunday mornings. It's the feeling I get when I cross that huge bridge that just happened to be there on the last mile I had to run that makes up for the hell that is early. Climbing with burning legs and lungs and all I can think of is: THIS IS BADASS! And than there is the shower afterwards or that amazing trout sandwich. Well..let me tell you this: you'll learn to appreciate those so much more after running 11+ km on an early Sunday morning.

Hope you had laugh. Be sure to check out my fundraising page right here and it would be awesome if you'd donate a little something for the good cause I'm running for. That's it for this week. Join me again next week.

As always, until we read again

Love, Marlies

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

The will to succeed....

Hi y'all, The world is filled with wishes, dreams, hopes and fears and I'm happy this tiny orb has all of m and yet that longing, that need, that hope for things to happen or maybe even the fear for them won't ever make anything happen. A dream alone will get you through a dark time but it won't make the night go away. Hope for better times will provide you with some sort of elastic band that might stretch a little further but it won't get you over that gap. A wish is nothing more than a whisper over candle light or a shooting star blasted into a universe that knows no sound and fears are the seeimingly unbreakable ties your mind has you wrapped in. The world won't give you anything, the universe can't hear you. People might and hopefully your mind will. Did you ever experience the absolute need to do something, no doubts nor fears about weather or not you're able to? That is exactly how I felt the first time I started training for a marathon. I wanted

Playing roulette with your emotions

Hi y'all After being part of the amazing Dam-tot-Damloop and having so much fun I am confident I can actually pull off the distance in San Francisco. The hills I'm a little nervous about but I'm doing everything within my options to get stronger so my legs will be able to carry me up and down the hills without losing too much time. This means I started seeing a physical therapist and I'm working on core stability and strength too about three times a week. I do have some breaking news  but I can't share it yet because not all details are clear. As soon as they are I promise y'all a memorable update. As for now....I have been training for the hills in San Francisco. How? Well....last Sunday my love set out a race course over 7 kilometers that included two pretty steep bridges: Amsterdamse brug and Schellingwoudebrug. Just a few pictures that Sander de Boer made for you to enjoy. Thank you Sander for being there all the way. I love you! At the base of the

I will run the Damloop 2013 for ZZF

To my dear Dutch donating friends and all other readers, A new blog. It has been a while since I blogged about anything so why start now? I am fortunate enough to be one of many runners of the famous Dutch Damloop and I've taken on this 10 mile run as fundraiser for a very good cause. They're called Stichting Zeldzame Ziekten Fonds This organisations' main goal is to raise money for research on rare diseases such as Kawasaki's disease and Neuralgic Amyotrophie. Why this organisation when there are so many others? Well that is easy: Since little is known about those rare diseases research needs to be done. As we all know research is expansive and since everybody has to make budget cuts the research on these rare diseases is likely to be put on hold. But did you know in Holland most patients of a rare disease are children? And did you know that most rare diseases are life threatning or leave you (severely) impared? Did you know that in Holland 30% of the children s