Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

About goals and black holes

Hi y'all,

Oh how the time flies by. Wasn't it only yesterday that I decided to take on this incredible journey? This morning I woke up feeling all jittery and filled with butterflies. Exciting times coming up this weekend and I can't wait for it to turn friday. So what's up? Well things are looking really good for me. Just one little snag being my elbow having a mild case of bursitis but I'm managing that. Trying to downsize screentime (hard for me...I am so attached to all things digital it's pathetic) and give my arm some rest.

SO why so jittery and butterflied? This weekend will be epic to the max. We are going to Antwerp this weekend for two huge things: The Dixie Chicks in concert and the DVV Antwerp 10 miles. I am truely excited for both. I'm a true country music loving runner so this weekend could not suit me any better. And it helped think about what to do after the full marathon.



You see I have learned one thing in San Francisco I absolutely did not see coming. All weeks prior to that hilly half marathon I was working on achieving my goal and when I ran that race and crossed the finish line I wasn't only feeling overjoyed with accomplishing what I set out to do. I felt a huge sense of sadness too because now my dream became a reality and it got scratched off of my list. I know now that running towards a goal also means that you should see beyond it otherwise the finish line might turn into a black hole that can swallow you whole for a little time. At least that was the case for me. So...thinking about life after the full marathon and I've come up with a plan. I am not willing to share this plan yet because it is as unreal and huge as the one I am working on now but I can assure you this: it will blow your mind. Just a few people that I trust with my running goals know what I'm up to and that is the way it has to stay. One mile at the time. Keeping it unreal and making it happen.

This journey so far is making me smile and jump and I couldn't have gotten to the point I am at now, if it weren't for a few very important people that help me work towards each mile stone along the road. I believe the time has come for you to meet my actual Tin Man and my Food Lady. So here they are:

First up is my Glinda the Great, my food lady Esther van Etten. She is a miracle worker. Despite my initial fears to work on my weight goals I decided it needed to be done. Food and me have not been friends for a long time and I have struggled with being overweight to being too skinny for my own good and completely denying that. So my most import thing is that the weight loss is not about being skinny but it's about becoming a healthy and strong runner so I can actually endure a 42.195 km run. Esther works miracles. She has designed a system that works for me and I would love for you to meet her. So check out her website right here MEET ESTHER VAN ETTEN

Second up is my Muscle Man, my Tin Man Joris van der Wiel. He is my physical therapist at Fysiomed and due to his schedules, relentless energy, the wordless waiting when I complain I am getting stronger by the day. It isn't a sudden and huge change but I can see and feel things changing little by little. I can now walk up stairs holding a shitload of stuff and heavy bags without feeling totally out of breath and my runs are getting better and better. So yes I think he is amazing and therefore I'd like you to meet JORIS VAN DER WIEL 

Ofcourse I could not have gotten to any of this without the love of my life and his firm believe I can do anything I set my mind to and I am blessed to have him at my side.

Well you guys, so far so good. Fingers crossed for this Sunday and I will share loads of pictures and info after this weekend.

That's it for now, until we read again
As always, Love Marlies


 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

The will to succeed....

Hi y'all, The world is filled with wishes, dreams, hopes and fears and I'm happy this tiny orb has all of m and yet that longing, that need, that hope for things to happen or maybe even the fear for them won't ever make anything happen. A dream alone will get you through a dark time but it won't make the night go away. Hope for better times will provide you with some sort of elastic band that might stretch a little further but it won't get you over that gap. A wish is nothing more than a whisper over candle light or a shooting star blasted into a universe that knows no sound and fears are the seeimingly unbreakable ties your mind has you wrapped in. The world won't give you anything, the universe can't hear you. People might and hopefully your mind will. Did you ever experience the absolute need to do something, no doubts nor fears about weather or not you're able to? That is exactly how I felt the first time I started training for a marathon. I wanted

Playing roulette with your emotions

Hi y'all After being part of the amazing Dam-tot-Damloop and having so much fun I am confident I can actually pull off the distance in San Francisco. The hills I'm a little nervous about but I'm doing everything within my options to get stronger so my legs will be able to carry me up and down the hills without losing too much time. This means I started seeing a physical therapist and I'm working on core stability and strength too about three times a week. I do have some breaking news  but I can't share it yet because not all details are clear. As soon as they are I promise y'all a memorable update. As for now....I have been training for the hills in San Francisco. How? Well....last Sunday my love set out a race course over 7 kilometers that included two pretty steep bridges: Amsterdamse brug and Schellingwoudebrug. Just a few pictures that Sander de Boer made for you to enjoy. Thank you Sander for being there all the way. I love you! At the base of the

I will run the Damloop 2013 for ZZF

To my dear Dutch donating friends and all other readers, A new blog. It has been a while since I blogged about anything so why start now? I am fortunate enough to be one of many runners of the famous Dutch Damloop and I've taken on this 10 mile run as fundraiser for a very good cause. They're called Stichting Zeldzame Ziekten Fonds This organisations' main goal is to raise money for research on rare diseases such as Kawasaki's disease and Neuralgic Amyotrophie. Why this organisation when there are so many others? Well that is easy: Since little is known about those rare diseases research needs to be done. As we all know research is expansive and since everybody has to make budget cuts the research on these rare diseases is likely to be put on hold. But did you know in Holland most patients of a rare disease are children? And did you know that most rare diseases are life threatning or leave you (severely) impared? Did you know that in Holland 30% of the children s