Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

Make me!!

Hi y'all,

Remember the first of September? I did a thing...I signed up for the 50 MILE (not KM) month at I love to run. Just this past Sunday I hit that mark making it official: I DID IT & thus earned each and every viber of the medal that came with said challenge. Finishing the challenge soon spiraled into a full blown psychological mirror conversation on that spark, the one thing I need to get that feeling of wanting to run. And it is something like this:

Picture a bunch of guys boasting on the tracks, having fun and there's just a little of that guys-like 'I-dare-you' going on. I will trade you the world to stand with guys like that before a run. I love a good fun-loving and totally competative run. The kind of rivalry that's fun to be around and that makes not winning a personal win because it made you all the faster for it. I like a run where someone won't let go of me and just keeps running next to me to make sure I try my hardest without giving in to tiredness and/or any mental fight. I like a good challenge. Challenge me, lure me out of my shell, try me and I'll show you what I'm made off.  Make me work for something I can be proud of and reward me with an awesome medal. Trust me, that will definately get me going.

So how do I work around currently not being part of an athletics club simply because I'm too busy to make it to training twice a week? Well I tried analizing myself and since I am aware of my need to prove myself (which basically is what it all boils down to) I rely heavily on any good real life run and to get me to train for these I sign up for challenges I can find online and about three years ago I stumbled upon I love to run (click and find out) and somehow I keep getting back to these challenges.  In order for me to get my miles in I signed up for the one last month and it made me feel so good to actually tick the last mile and make it to 50 miles of running in one month. So decided to do another for October, however I kinda feel like I'm cheating now since I'm running a half marathon October 21st which means my long runs the next two weeks will be longer than usual so I kinda feel like this challenge isn't a real challenge and more like a given....Is that weird? Maybe but you know what?  The thing with challenges is that sometimes I need to challenge myself and sometimes they work a lot better if I challenge others to outdo me (and when they do completely getting worked up about it LOL)

Basically I'm wired in two ways: the first one is the one where I find myself competing with others in a fun way, like with  a bunch of guys trying to be faster than they give me credit for and outrunning them or myself, Comparing results, being in the top three of a leaderboard, staying there and making sure of that. I love it. Be it in the real world or an online group....It works for me. The second one is where I challenge myself to be better, do better and that usually comes with somekind of reward I think is worth all the effort. I need both of them to get me to where I want to be and this is where y'all come in...

This is my next goal after my half marathon October 21st: I want to run Egmond 10.5 km in 59 minutes January 13th 2019. This might seem completely doable but trust me anyone that ever ran that race will tell you it is hard. Not for the distance but for the circumstances...(beach more likely the lack of it, ocan tides, dunes, cold weather usually stormy...a real winter classic) and yet I have my mind set on running Egmond in 59 minutes. Trust me...a lot of work needs to be done if I want to make that goal. My current time on a 10k run is 01.09 and that means I have to scrape ten full minutes off of my current time. That is A LOT but you can help me. How? challenge me...lure me out of my comfort zone, make me an offer I can't refuse ...I just told you what makes me tick....can you ignite my spark? Let's see if you can make me....

That's it for now....I am definately keeping it unreal,,,,will you make it happen?
No limits, no regrets...
Until we read again, as always
Love Marlies

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

The will to succeed....

Hi y'all, The world is filled with wishes, dreams, hopes and fears and I'm happy this tiny orb has all of m and yet that longing, that need, that hope for things to happen or maybe even the fear for them won't ever make anything happen. A dream alone will get you through a dark time but it won't make the night go away. Hope for better times will provide you with some sort of elastic band that might stretch a little further but it won't get you over that gap. A wish is nothing more than a whisper over candle light or a shooting star blasted into a universe that knows no sound and fears are the seeimingly unbreakable ties your mind has you wrapped in. The world won't give you anything, the universe can't hear you. People might and hopefully your mind will. Did you ever experience the absolute need to do something, no doubts nor fears about weather or not you're able to? That is exactly how I felt the first time I started training for a marathon. I wanted

Playing roulette with your emotions

Hi y'all After being part of the amazing Dam-tot-Damloop and having so much fun I am confident I can actually pull off the distance in San Francisco. The hills I'm a little nervous about but I'm doing everything within my options to get stronger so my legs will be able to carry me up and down the hills without losing too much time. This means I started seeing a physical therapist and I'm working on core stability and strength too about three times a week. I do have some breaking news  but I can't share it yet because not all details are clear. As soon as they are I promise y'all a memorable update. As for now....I have been training for the hills in San Francisco. How? Well....last Sunday my love set out a race course over 7 kilometers that included two pretty steep bridges: Amsterdamse brug and Schellingwoudebrug. Just a few pictures that Sander de Boer made for you to enjoy. Thank you Sander for being there all the way. I love you! At the base of the

I will run the Damloop 2013 for ZZF

To my dear Dutch donating friends and all other readers, A new blog. It has been a while since I blogged about anything so why start now? I am fortunate enough to be one of many runners of the famous Dutch Damloop and I've taken on this 10 mile run as fundraiser for a very good cause. They're called Stichting Zeldzame Ziekten Fonds This organisations' main goal is to raise money for research on rare diseases such as Kawasaki's disease and Neuralgic Amyotrophie. Why this organisation when there are so many others? Well that is easy: Since little is known about those rare diseases research needs to be done. As we all know research is expansive and since everybody has to make budget cuts the research on these rare diseases is likely to be put on hold. But did you know in Holland most patients of a rare disease are children? And did you know that most rare diseases are life threatning or leave you (severely) impared? Did you know that in Holland 30% of the children s