Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

IT'S not about YOU!!!

Hi y'all,

One of the utmost important lessons you can learn as a fundraiser is this: IT IS NOT ABOUT YOU! Which is probably why it is so agrivating to watch half of my nation act like total idiots when it comes to Corona aka Covid19. What really pisses me off is this: complete families out including grandma's and grand dads not listening to the social distancing advice and even goings as far as to outright say into a camera for the entire nation to hear: 'Well....we're in a house together like all the time and we still didn't catch it so we're not having it' ... Okay I am going to be really rude here because maybe than you will understand this YOU ARE AN IDIOT!! It is not about YOU having covid19 because honestly nobody cares about that It's about you being a risk of spreading it. Go out with 4 at the same time and you INCREASE the risk of spreading this virus by 4!



Following the most positive outcome for my country I will give you a very simple calculation task and yes because you are really dumb I am assuming this is too hard for you so yes you can use a calculator! Is your kid in the room to help you out? You will need the help I guess:

Our nation roughly counts about 18 million humans. Half of the nation WILL get infected and this is a fact, not an opinion. So half of 18 million is 9 million humans that will have to deal with Covid19. Some of you might not show symptoms at all but have it anyway, most of you will get sick, a few will end up in  ICU and of those 9 million people about 2% will die. As in dead. As in lose life. Have you figured out yet how many of our inhabitants will CERTAINLY die??

Yes that is a lot KIDS losing a mom/dad/granny/gramps. Now let me repeat this: KIDS losing a mom/dad/gramps/granny. You know why? because the kids more likely than not will survive and they will grow up without YOU. Why? because YOU thought the social distancing thing was about you maybe catching the virus but guess what... IT WAS NOT. Because you didn't show any symptoms you figured you wouldn't spread the virus...but alas...you did and now you're parents are in need of care but because of you the ICU's have no more room to help your parents and because of you they will die. Yep because of you THEY WILL DIE.

Social distancing is a way to ease the curve in order for our ER and nurses and all other care takers to keep up the upcoming YEAR. It is NOT abou you getting sick it is about containing the spread of the darn virus. SO please....if you are still lucky enough to live in a country where you are allowed to run/walk/bike outside than follow these rules to keep this option open:

1. KEEP YOUR GD DISTANCE!! that means NO RUNNING/walking/biking  IN GROUPS and I don't give a hoot if you're family!

2. Do not lace up because you need to take your kids out when clearly you NEVER RUN. First of all y'all outside so spread risk is x time the amount of people in your family and 2nd....running is a high level impact sport which means you will get injured. Who the F is going to fix you up??



Now people I am usually not this rude on my blog, but today I am. Why? because I have friends risking their lives out there every day and you are making their jobs impossible. I am furious because this morning as I went out for my usual Sunday MARATHON training I nearly tripped over entire families on shoes unfit to run in taking up the entire bikeline leaving me to frogger over the road where cars drive about 70km/hr. YOU lot will make sure that our beautiful tiny speck off land so full of people in the end will face an entire lockdown simply because YOU thought social distancing was to help you prevent catching it.

When (yes when since I no longer belief this is an if) our nation will lockdown including the army and police controlling this, people like me will no longer be able to train for the sports they love and care for so so much. Even if YOU believe NYC marathon won't happen anyway and even if YOU believe Nijmeegse 4daagse won't happen anyway: WE STILL DO and we NEED to get our miles in to able to participate when the time's there. So please keep your distance!!

And to all of us marathoners and long distances marchers out there: Get creative and make sure you keep your distance too. Train early before 07:30 hours. Why? Given half the change the people not listening to government are the same people using this time like it is a vacation so they won't be up before that time. I'm angry and sad and worried but last week I took all my early morning hours and I totalled on 60.8km in walking and running. Why? because I do believe I will march that Nijmeegse 4daagse and I do believe I will run NYC Marathon. And as long as I am allowed to run and hike I will.

Stay safe people, stay healthy and what ever you do:
KEEP YOUR DISTANCE!!

That's it for now
until we read again,
as always
Love Marlies

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

The will to succeed....

Hi y'all, The world is filled with wishes, dreams, hopes and fears and I'm happy this tiny orb has all of m and yet that longing, that need, that hope for things to happen or maybe even the fear for them won't ever make anything happen. A dream alone will get you through a dark time but it won't make the night go away. Hope for better times will provide you with some sort of elastic band that might stretch a little further but it won't get you over that gap. A wish is nothing more than a whisper over candle light or a shooting star blasted into a universe that knows no sound and fears are the seeimingly unbreakable ties your mind has you wrapped in. The world won't give you anything, the universe can't hear you. People might and hopefully your mind will. Did you ever experience the absolute need to do something, no doubts nor fears about weather or not you're able to? That is exactly how I felt the first time I started training for a marathon. I wanted

Playing roulette with your emotions

Hi y'all After being part of the amazing Dam-tot-Damloop and having so much fun I am confident I can actually pull off the distance in San Francisco. The hills I'm a little nervous about but I'm doing everything within my options to get stronger so my legs will be able to carry me up and down the hills without losing too much time. This means I started seeing a physical therapist and I'm working on core stability and strength too about three times a week. I do have some breaking news  but I can't share it yet because not all details are clear. As soon as they are I promise y'all a memorable update. As for now....I have been training for the hills in San Francisco. How? Well....last Sunday my love set out a race course over 7 kilometers that included two pretty steep bridges: Amsterdamse brug and Schellingwoudebrug. Just a few pictures that Sander de Boer made for you to enjoy. Thank you Sander for being there all the way. I love you! At the base of the

I will run the Damloop 2013 for ZZF

To my dear Dutch donating friends and all other readers, A new blog. It has been a while since I blogged about anything so why start now? I am fortunate enough to be one of many runners of the famous Dutch Damloop and I've taken on this 10 mile run as fundraiser for a very good cause. They're called Stichting Zeldzame Ziekten Fonds This organisations' main goal is to raise money for research on rare diseases such as Kawasaki's disease and Neuralgic Amyotrophie. Why this organisation when there are so many others? Well that is easy: Since little is known about those rare diseases research needs to be done. As we all know research is expansive and since everybody has to make budget cuts the research on these rare diseases is likely to be put on hold. But did you know in Holland most patients of a rare disease are children? And did you know that most rare diseases are life threatning or leave you (severely) impared? Did you know that in Holland 30% of the children s