Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

Not my shitshow not my problem

Hi y'all

With the entire world going to hell I find myself literally gasping for air sometimes. The things some people think they can say without consequence to me is just staggering. The humans I am referring to here are of the grown-up kind age-wise. They are not kids though admittedly so their behaviour really has me question that. I learned at an early age that I might not be fast, I might not be strong but I am able to inflict serious and long lasting pain by just using my mouth at the right moment. Smacking the air out of another human being like it means nothing. With that knowledge came the understanding that words are not just words and that words do hurt and scar. With that knowledge came the acceptance that being able to write and debate powerfully does not mean it entitles me to more freedom. If anything I learned at an early age to pick my battles and use the weapon I know how to yield only when all other options have run out. In this day and age it seems to me that more often than not humans have forgotten how to just shut the F up. Literally EVERYTHING is aired out, vented and left to dry for everybody to see and most of the time I wonder if the humans letting their dirty laundry fly through the shoot like they're shooting clay doves even see what a mess they are making. 

My answer to the choking smog that seems to constantly find it's way back to me is running. Even with the heat of summer burning like crazy I need to run. I need to just let the massive amount of horrid shit that some of those clowns are throwing at me dissipate. Nowadays when you ask questions you are difficult and you need to stop reacting, when you ask fellow humans to please respect your social distance you get screamed at, when you obey government rules in Covid time you get to hear that you don't care for your elders when all you really want to do is keep them safe because they will die of the virus where you might die. Big difference. There is just no way you can swing this the right way because there is always someone who feels like some huge wrong was just inflicted upon them and you know what? I am done with it, over it.



I get it....we all hurt and we all have sacrifices to make. We all have bills to pay and mouths to feed. We all have shit going on but I for one will no longer accept the answer that we all need to take care of eachother when really you're asking me to let you have my money with no guarantees of you ever returning it to me. If you're not my family than I do not have to accept that answer and I do get to ask questions. I no longer accept the fact that you tell me I am part of the problem when I simply don't agree with the way you talk or think and call you on it. I do get to have my own opinion and if that collides with yours it doesn't mean you get to devaluate my opinion with rethorical arguments that hold no evidence in them at all. I am done putting up with everybodies bullshit and this is exactly why I need to run. I need to get away from everyone and everything because sometimes I get so overwhelmed that I forget to see that what is thrown at me is not my shitshow and it therefore is not my problem. 

The past few months have felt like the last month of a school year where students get stressed out and vent, are unable to just sit and breath and everybody is just very very short fused. I run so I get to remind myself that it is just that and nothing more. Some humans are just seriously not wired to handle huge amounts of pressure for a longer period of time. Maybe non of us are. I know I've always felt the need to break free so running works and the notion that sincerely people: your shitshow so not my problem yeah? Thank you!

Now If you'll excuse me I am currently taking care of my run down body.



That's it for now, until we read again
Love Marlies

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

The will to succeed....

Hi y'all, The world is filled with wishes, dreams, hopes and fears and I'm happy this tiny orb has all of m and yet that longing, that need, that hope for things to happen or maybe even the fear for them won't ever make anything happen. A dream alone will get you through a dark time but it won't make the night go away. Hope for better times will provide you with some sort of elastic band that might stretch a little further but it won't get you over that gap. A wish is nothing more than a whisper over candle light or a shooting star blasted into a universe that knows no sound and fears are the seeimingly unbreakable ties your mind has you wrapped in. The world won't give you anything, the universe can't hear you. People might and hopefully your mind will. Did you ever experience the absolute need to do something, no doubts nor fears about weather or not you're able to? That is exactly how I felt the first time I started training for a marathon. I wanted

Playing roulette with your emotions

Hi y'all After being part of the amazing Dam-tot-Damloop and having so much fun I am confident I can actually pull off the distance in San Francisco. The hills I'm a little nervous about but I'm doing everything within my options to get stronger so my legs will be able to carry me up and down the hills without losing too much time. This means I started seeing a physical therapist and I'm working on core stability and strength too about three times a week. I do have some breaking news  but I can't share it yet because not all details are clear. As soon as they are I promise y'all a memorable update. As for now....I have been training for the hills in San Francisco. How? Well....last Sunday my love set out a race course over 7 kilometers that included two pretty steep bridges: Amsterdamse brug and Schellingwoudebrug. Just a few pictures that Sander de Boer made for you to enjoy. Thank you Sander for being there all the way. I love you! At the base of the

I will run the Damloop 2013 for ZZF

To my dear Dutch donating friends and all other readers, A new blog. It has been a while since I blogged about anything so why start now? I am fortunate enough to be one of many runners of the famous Dutch Damloop and I've taken on this 10 mile run as fundraiser for a very good cause. They're called Stichting Zeldzame Ziekten Fonds This organisations' main goal is to raise money for research on rare diseases such as Kawasaki's disease and Neuralgic Amyotrophie. Why this organisation when there are so many others? Well that is easy: Since little is known about those rare diseases research needs to be done. As we all know research is expansive and since everybody has to make budget cuts the research on these rare diseases is likely to be put on hold. But did you know in Holland most patients of a rare disease are children? And did you know that most rare diseases are life threatning or leave you (severely) impared? Did you know that in Holland 30% of the children s