Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

Your mind is your pathway to freedom

 HI y'all,

The new year well on it's way and within those first ten days getting back to work, lockdown with an utmost certaintity to be prolonged, Covid barging in more hardcore than it seems to have done in first lockdown, an unpresidented run on the capitol, unworthy behaviour of the president of the US ....I have to admit I find myself screaming on the inside a lot. I don't feel berefth of a any priviliges I used to have, I don't feel poor, I am not lonely, I don't feel like I am locked inside a cage....it's not that. So what gives?

I am utterly done with this notion of freedom humanity seems to have adopted. A notion that is very one-sided and very ego-minded. I am done with people screaming that the right wing is polarizing conversation and lying to their followers when the people that are screaming this message into the world honestly hardly are any better. When you belittle people that just have nothing more to lose, when you talk about them like they are insane, shortsighted, idiotic or downright insane than riddle me this: How are you any better than they are? do you honestly feel that your point of view, your opinion, your voice is worth more than theirs? And riddle me this: Who made you ubermensch? do you truely believe that the system you are part of and in which you thrive is one for all? Honestly you very well know that it isn't. 

Do I agree with what happened on capitol hill? FUDGE NO! Do I believe this actions should have consequences? HECK YEAH! But I also feel like the system these HUMANS who are so deadset on overturning, are being lied to and in the end their dreams and believes will be shattered and it will leave them brokenwinged and dumbstruck. That one person they put on that pedestal, that one person they glorify beyond reason will betray them and has already done so. 

polarization has become a fashionable term that's being flung around for both the pandemic as the entire situation in the US. Polarizing on both accounts is being done on both sides, both sides are intolerant and both sides codemn the other. Be it on regulations or on the uncalled for actions of the president. 

I absolutely take a hard stand when it comes to following covid regulations, equality, systemic racism and discrimination. I will never shut my mouth when someone makes a lame ass F'In joke on the expense of another human and I will call you on your BS when you try to convince me that you are being serious about the covid rules when clearly you are not as much as you should be. But the fact is: WE NEED TO STOP being holier than thou. We need to take a deep breath and seriously reconsider how awesome we are because if you truely feel like you are that person that knows best than take a good look at your life and check these things:

1, Do you have a good roof over your head? 2. Do you have drinkable tap water running from your fosset/shower and toilet? 3. Is your fridge filled? 4. Do you have acces to internet on several devices? 5. Can you take a shower every day? 6. Do you have a washer/dryer combo? 7. Can you venture outside at least once a day? 8. Do you have enough money to put 3 wholesome meals on the table every day? Are you feeling berefth of your freedom right now? Are you angry about the gym being closed or godforbid your summer holiday plans again being cancelled this year? Please....you are one priviliged human being and don't know squat about how someone that doesn't have any of this or half of this should live their lives. So....here's to you: rethink your opinion and try to get of your frekkin high horse and humble yourself a little. 

The key to freedom resides in you mind. Nobody can take your thoughts away from you, nobody can stop you from dreaming and nobody can stop you from seeking calmth and peace. You can shut down the stream of updates that enter your life, you can make a choice to respond and you can decide if and if so  how you want to be part of the conversation of the day. Last week I decided to quit facebook for a while because the whole thing made me angry about everything when really I actualy don't wanna be and have no need to be. My life is actually pretty amazing. I am loved by the most amazing man, I have a job that pays the bills, I can run and walk outside, I have a personal trainer to help me reach my goals every other week and basically I am happy. 

So here it is: yes all of it is hard on me mentally because I do believe we are either too optimistic about vaccins or too loosy-goosy about the regulations or worse both. I am disgusted by what is happening in the US and it is painful and aweful. To keep my mind a space occupied by good tennants I have given up FB for now and I am making it my business to take care of myself by walking and running and excercising in general. I am staying away from screaming people and I am trying to listen to my own screams by evaluating them. Having a goal in mind to work towards works best for me so I stuck another half marathon plan on the wall and come tomorrow I will get back to working out with a plan. Can't wait to get back at it.

that's it for now, until we read again

as always, love Marlies

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

The will to succeed....

Hi y'all, The world is filled with wishes, dreams, hopes and fears and I'm happy this tiny orb has all of m and yet that longing, that need, that hope for things to happen or maybe even the fear for them won't ever make anything happen. A dream alone will get you through a dark time but it won't make the night go away. Hope for better times will provide you with some sort of elastic band that might stretch a little further but it won't get you over that gap. A wish is nothing more than a whisper over candle light or a shooting star blasted into a universe that knows no sound and fears are the seeimingly unbreakable ties your mind has you wrapped in. The world won't give you anything, the universe can't hear you. People might and hopefully your mind will. Did you ever experience the absolute need to do something, no doubts nor fears about weather or not you're able to? That is exactly how I felt the first time I started training for a marathon. I wanted

Playing roulette with your emotions

Hi y'all After being part of the amazing Dam-tot-Damloop and having so much fun I am confident I can actually pull off the distance in San Francisco. The hills I'm a little nervous about but I'm doing everything within my options to get stronger so my legs will be able to carry me up and down the hills without losing too much time. This means I started seeing a physical therapist and I'm working on core stability and strength too about three times a week. I do have some breaking news  but I can't share it yet because not all details are clear. As soon as they are I promise y'all a memorable update. As for now....I have been training for the hills in San Francisco. How? Well....last Sunday my love set out a race course over 7 kilometers that included two pretty steep bridges: Amsterdamse brug and Schellingwoudebrug. Just a few pictures that Sander de Boer made for you to enjoy. Thank you Sander for being there all the way. I love you! At the base of the

I will run the Damloop 2013 for ZZF

To my dear Dutch donating friends and all other readers, A new blog. It has been a while since I blogged about anything so why start now? I am fortunate enough to be one of many runners of the famous Dutch Damloop and I've taken on this 10 mile run as fundraiser for a very good cause. They're called Stichting Zeldzame Ziekten Fonds This organisations' main goal is to raise money for research on rare diseases such as Kawasaki's disease and Neuralgic Amyotrophie. Why this organisation when there are so many others? Well that is easy: Since little is known about those rare diseases research needs to be done. As we all know research is expansive and since everybody has to make budget cuts the research on these rare diseases is likely to be put on hold. But did you know in Holland most patients of a rare disease are children? And did you know that most rare diseases are life threatning or leave you (severely) impared? Did you know that in Holland 30% of the children s