Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

Post Florida update

Well well well yet another month has passed and what a great month. We have had the privilege to fly to Florida and spent two weeks in blissful sunny weather and temperatures to go with that, riding hilarious rollercoasters and enjoying some spectacular wildlife. Did I run? Hate to dissapoint you but I have to be honest that I didn't. SHAME ON ME. However the strange food habits (fry everything and/or serve with bacon...mind you I am a vegetarian) of the Floridians made us Dutchies turn to the supermarket for some good old fruit and vegetables and so this time our trip to the USA made us actually drop some numbers on the scale. Wow. We had an amazing time snorkeling the coral reef at John Pennekamp coral reef state park and riding the shark valley trail at the Everglades. Oh and for all of you Harry Potter fans out there: The wizarding world of harry potter in Orlando at universal's Island of adventure is really good! A must see.

Well than how am I doing on my runs? Actually since I started my HM beginners to finish schedule in Runkeeper I can honestly say that I am doing seriously well. I like my runs so far. Sometimes I seem to be a bit slower than other times but I'm having fun running them and....yesterday I finally bought new shoes. They were due for some time now and I have to say....I am in love with my new asics gel nimbus 14. No I do NOT get paid to say this. I just really love m. For a runner I am a bit on the heavy side still and I do have a proper heel landing (and no I do not believe in free running on those strange looking fingers because that requires some serious training and adjustment in running I am not willing to make) so....I love the enormous cushion feeling those Nimbus' give me. It is like running on air. Today I took them for a run and nothing hurts. No toe nails nagging, no sore calfs afterwards, no tingly heels. So yes I am happy and doing well.

I registered for the color boost run beginning of this month but it got cancelled so I was a bit bummed out by that but now I registered for the Moving Comfort Meidenloop and I've ran all editions so far I guess so I'm happy to join this one too. Will be looking into one for july and one for august. Right now I run 4 times a week according to schedule and because I'm still recovering from my NA attack I also train at the gym 3 times a week to gain some strength back in those shoulder muscles.

It might be strange to read this but I'm finally getting this sense of accomplishing something and so much of that has to do with the help I am finally getting from my physical therapist. So thank you guys @Reade Amsterdam!

Last thing I really wanted to share is that I am so proud of my sister Annemieke. She registered for the Amsterdam City Swim to raise money for research on ALS. Last year our queen Maxima joined the race for this cause too. My sister will SWIM the canals of Amsterdam on september 8th this year and I will be standing on one of those bridges with a banner, screaming my lungs out for her. It is truely amazing that she will swim those canals and for anyone who's ever visited our city you must know they are not the cleanest of all waters to swim. But she's going to do it and I am truely proud of her. I should be promoting my own fundraiser on my blog but you know where to find me right? And my sister could really seriously need your help too so if you have but a dollar to spare ...please help her on her quest. You can donate right here

Well that's it for now so until we read again, as always Love Marlies

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

The will to succeed....

Hi y'all, The world is filled with wishes, dreams, hopes and fears and I'm happy this tiny orb has all of m and yet that longing, that need, that hope for things to happen or maybe even the fear for them won't ever make anything happen. A dream alone will get you through a dark time but it won't make the night go away. Hope for better times will provide you with some sort of elastic band that might stretch a little further but it won't get you over that gap. A wish is nothing more than a whisper over candle light or a shooting star blasted into a universe that knows no sound and fears are the seeimingly unbreakable ties your mind has you wrapped in. The world won't give you anything, the universe can't hear you. People might and hopefully your mind will. Did you ever experience the absolute need to do something, no doubts nor fears about weather or not you're able to? That is exactly how I felt the first time I started training for a marathon. I wanted

Playing roulette with your emotions

Hi y'all After being part of the amazing Dam-tot-Damloop and having so much fun I am confident I can actually pull off the distance in San Francisco. The hills I'm a little nervous about but I'm doing everything within my options to get stronger so my legs will be able to carry me up and down the hills without losing too much time. This means I started seeing a physical therapist and I'm working on core stability and strength too about three times a week. I do have some breaking news  but I can't share it yet because not all details are clear. As soon as they are I promise y'all a memorable update. As for now....I have been training for the hills in San Francisco. How? Well....last Sunday my love set out a race course over 7 kilometers that included two pretty steep bridges: Amsterdamse brug and Schellingwoudebrug. Just a few pictures that Sander de Boer made for you to enjoy. Thank you Sander for being there all the way. I love you! At the base of the

I will run the Damloop 2013 for ZZF

To my dear Dutch donating friends and all other readers, A new blog. It has been a while since I blogged about anything so why start now? I am fortunate enough to be one of many runners of the famous Dutch Damloop and I've taken on this 10 mile run as fundraiser for a very good cause. They're called Stichting Zeldzame Ziekten Fonds This organisations' main goal is to raise money for research on rare diseases such as Kawasaki's disease and Neuralgic Amyotrophie. Why this organisation when there are so many others? Well that is easy: Since little is known about those rare diseases research needs to be done. As we all know research is expansive and since everybody has to make budget cuts the research on these rare diseases is likely to be put on hold. But did you know in Holland most patients of a rare disease are children? And did you know that most rare diseases are life threatning or leave you (severely) impared? Did you know that in Holland 30% of the children s