Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

Thanksgiving 2016

Hi y'all,



Today is thanksgiving, an all American celebration and the one day in the year you get to tell what you are thankful for. Something I believe we should do more often than just one day a year. We take so many things for granted and today I would like to let y'all know that I do notice you and I am thankful for the all that is you out there.

 First and foremost I can never put into words how blessed I am with the love of my life. Meeting Sander changed everything in every possible way. He never doubts me, he always has my back and it is just so amazing to have someone in my life who's priority I am and vice versa. Someone to wake up next to and someone to kiss goodnight. I love my man more than I can tell, though I do tell him exactly that every morning when I wake up and every night before I fall asleep.

Today I would like to express how thankful I am for the completely deranged and utterly nutty family I am from. Like any other family we bicker, we fight, we argue, we talk, we forgive, we love, we laugh, we cry.We are close, we are family. I am so blessed to have an amazing little brother who's in no way, shape or form little anymore. He has grown into a selfconfident man, a patient and loving husband and the proudest father I could wish for my little niece. I am blessed to have an awesome, very talented and extremely beautiful sister. When we were kids we had the worst fights especially considering cloths she never wanted to share and which I always just nicked  and she ofcourse would notice either at or after school. And now look at her. All grown up, married and working her ass off teaching teenagers. She is the best sister anyone could ever have. My dad who decided at 71 years of age he needs to feel better about himself and asked me to be his running coach. Wow. That is just such an honor. And my mom who's still alive and trying to make the best of each and every day. Her perseverance is what makes us want to be the best people we can be. Underneath it all is an unexplainable sadness only understood by those who have seen ALS upclose and personal and yet it is that same community of ALS patients and families who understand the need to do whatever it takes to make sure this disease gets a much needed cure and we get up and fight to raise money, we get up and fight to raise awereness. It is inspirational, motivational and comforting to see that we are not the only ones facing this.

I am thankful for my brother- and sister-in-law who both have been able to reach the storms in skin both my brother and sister are. It is amazing how their love makes my sibblings shine and how their calm has such an effect on them both. I am thankful for my niece Gwen who's given such joy and laughter in the lives of my parents, now grandparents. I am so glad my parents get to experience this together.

My friends, my most trusted and loyal friends. Who let me rage, cry, laugh or just be. Not a day goes by without them (thank the heavens for social media) and in times when you most need it they are there. No questions asked. I count my lucky stars for them all and I can only pray that I'm a good friend to them.

Last but not least I would like to thank the road for being such a good listener, my shoes for carrying me all those miles (and I did run an epic year people), my body for all the magical recoveries time after time & my mind for shutting up every now and then.  Did I run this last week? Nope still injured but I did get to coach my brother and my father and that was just as rewarding if not even more.

That's it for now. Count your lucky stars, tell your loved ones what they mean to you and most importantly: be epic, be awesome. Keep it unreal and make it happen. No limits, no regrets

Until we read again,
Love Marlies

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

The will to succeed....

Hi y'all, The world is filled with wishes, dreams, hopes and fears and I'm happy this tiny orb has all of m and yet that longing, that need, that hope for things to happen or maybe even the fear for them won't ever make anything happen. A dream alone will get you through a dark time but it won't make the night go away. Hope for better times will provide you with some sort of elastic band that might stretch a little further but it won't get you over that gap. A wish is nothing more than a whisper over candle light or a shooting star blasted into a universe that knows no sound and fears are the seeimingly unbreakable ties your mind has you wrapped in. The world won't give you anything, the universe can't hear you. People might and hopefully your mind will. Did you ever experience the absolute need to do something, no doubts nor fears about weather or not you're able to? That is exactly how I felt the first time I started training for a marathon. I wanted

Playing roulette with your emotions

Hi y'all After being part of the amazing Dam-tot-Damloop and having so much fun I am confident I can actually pull off the distance in San Francisco. The hills I'm a little nervous about but I'm doing everything within my options to get stronger so my legs will be able to carry me up and down the hills without losing too much time. This means I started seeing a physical therapist and I'm working on core stability and strength too about three times a week. I do have some breaking news  but I can't share it yet because not all details are clear. As soon as they are I promise y'all a memorable update. As for now....I have been training for the hills in San Francisco. How? Well....last Sunday my love set out a race course over 7 kilometers that included two pretty steep bridges: Amsterdamse brug and Schellingwoudebrug. Just a few pictures that Sander de Boer made for you to enjoy. Thank you Sander for being there all the way. I love you! At the base of the

I will run the Damloop 2013 for ZZF

To my dear Dutch donating friends and all other readers, A new blog. It has been a while since I blogged about anything so why start now? I am fortunate enough to be one of many runners of the famous Dutch Damloop and I've taken on this 10 mile run as fundraiser for a very good cause. They're called Stichting Zeldzame Ziekten Fonds This organisations' main goal is to raise money for research on rare diseases such as Kawasaki's disease and Neuralgic Amyotrophie. Why this organisation when there are so many others? Well that is easy: Since little is known about those rare diseases research needs to be done. As we all know research is expansive and since everybody has to make budget cuts the research on these rare diseases is likely to be put on hold. But did you know in Holland most patients of a rare disease are children? And did you know that most rare diseases are life threatning or leave you (severely) impared? Did you know that in Holland 30% of the children s