Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

Getting ideas

Hi Y'all

In this crazy world we live in we have a few options; we can be a hole of sorts and not give an extrament about science and people working in ICU's or we can actively decide to believe the people that went to medical school, became doctors and are not just capable, knowledgable and trained but they are also willing to help you survive if you do catch this virus.

This post is not a rant on how tragically stupid half of my country responded to this ascensionday beautiful weather weekend. I know the other half of this piece of the globe is not acting like a hole of sorts and that other half is you. I don't wanna go all hell-hath-no-fury on your asses since you did not go to the beach or park or any other public place acting like the country just got liberated from some sort of mass killing maniac. You stayed home, you were smart and you did not party about so...I wanna just give you something nice to read.

In this crazy world I like to try stuff just to keep my mind busy and extra kudo's if that thing I do might just make the world a little less congested for lack of better word. Now recently one of my running and singing buddies from back-in-the-day  started blogging and I think her blog is fun, inspirational and asbolutely worth a visit. She writes about zero waste, plastic free, concious living and gives you practical tips to stop using as much plastic as we do without being judgemental. She inspired me to make my first batch of laundry detergent and fabric softener at home. So check out Marie's blog right here https://enrichyourlife.guru/?blog=y

Another nice place to get an idea is just any, literally ANY, site regarding running. My go to places are https://www.runnersworld.com/ and on twitter?instagram  I follow  a lot of runners both professional athletes as recreational runners such as myself. As you know recently I've been experiencing some serious blisters and I believe callus is one of the reasons for them. The other, simple and clear, my socks being the ultimate runsocks but also the winter variety of them and guess what? It's hot outside now. After all of that the last thing...dry skin.I tick all of said boxes so blistering is not an if...it's a when. Now how did I come to this conclusion? By just asking the running community online and by checking out posts on foot care. Today I ran 12km and yesterday and the day before I made sure I took extra good care of my feet. I ran in the same socks but today's weather was a lot cooler ....no blisters today. So the combo of cooler weather and better footcare probably helped preventing new ones from forming. And just because I know the hot weather is bound to return I ordered two pairs of cooler running socks of brands I trust.

In this idiocracy we call world I find it helpful to help others because it helps me. To do this in running I created a club on strava to stay in touch with the people I'm about to enter NYC marathon with. In this club I post challenges on a regular basis and I ask the legecy runners from last year to do the same. If they run and post a sweaty selfie with an inspirational tagline it might just spark the move for the current runners undertaking this adventure. Yesterday I created a 5 day runathon. The idea is that each and every runner that participates logs a run a day between june 30th and july 4th. You can either sign up of 5k a day or 10k a day. each day I will award you with a  completion stamp you can print out and stick on your 5day stamp card. Now if you get bored runnig the distance each day I also created  awesome scavengerhunt bingo cards and the first person to shout out bingo in the whatsapp group is the winner of the day. Fun right? I will sent out starterpacks to all of my signed up strava runclub members two days before the challenge starts. By motivating others I help myself because now I need to pick a winner each day and come up with fun prices. Sometimes helping others means you help yourself too.

Now I hope you're all getting idea's right now and I hope this post help you see past the crazy that is today.

That's it for now. Be you, be happy and don't let anyone ever dull your sparkle. They say you're crazy? Let them! You just show m what crazy can do :-)

Until we read again, as always
Love, Marlies

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

The will to succeed....

Hi y'all, The world is filled with wishes, dreams, hopes and fears and I'm happy this tiny orb has all of m and yet that longing, that need, that hope for things to happen or maybe even the fear for them won't ever make anything happen. A dream alone will get you through a dark time but it won't make the night go away. Hope for better times will provide you with some sort of elastic band that might stretch a little further but it won't get you over that gap. A wish is nothing more than a whisper over candle light or a shooting star blasted into a universe that knows no sound and fears are the seeimingly unbreakable ties your mind has you wrapped in. The world won't give you anything, the universe can't hear you. People might and hopefully your mind will. Did you ever experience the absolute need to do something, no doubts nor fears about weather or not you're able to? That is exactly how I felt the first time I started training for a marathon. I wanted

Playing roulette with your emotions

Hi y'all After being part of the amazing Dam-tot-Damloop and having so much fun I am confident I can actually pull off the distance in San Francisco. The hills I'm a little nervous about but I'm doing everything within my options to get stronger so my legs will be able to carry me up and down the hills without losing too much time. This means I started seeing a physical therapist and I'm working on core stability and strength too about three times a week. I do have some breaking news  but I can't share it yet because not all details are clear. As soon as they are I promise y'all a memorable update. As for now....I have been training for the hills in San Francisco. How? Well....last Sunday my love set out a race course over 7 kilometers that included two pretty steep bridges: Amsterdamse brug and Schellingwoudebrug. Just a few pictures that Sander de Boer made for you to enjoy. Thank you Sander for being there all the way. I love you! At the base of the

I will run the Damloop 2013 for ZZF

To my dear Dutch donating friends and all other readers, A new blog. It has been a while since I blogged about anything so why start now? I am fortunate enough to be one of many runners of the famous Dutch Damloop and I've taken on this 10 mile run as fundraiser for a very good cause. They're called Stichting Zeldzame Ziekten Fonds This organisations' main goal is to raise money for research on rare diseases such as Kawasaki's disease and Neuralgic Amyotrophie. Why this organisation when there are so many others? Well that is easy: Since little is known about those rare diseases research needs to be done. As we all know research is expansive and since everybody has to make budget cuts the research on these rare diseases is likely to be put on hold. But did you know in Holland most patients of a rare disease are children? And did you know that most rare diseases are life threatning or leave you (severely) impared? Did you know that in Holland 30% of the children s