Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

Keep moving

Hi y'all,

Difficult times lie ahead. Tomorrow would have been my mom's birthday, in eleven days we remember her passing and than there's 21st of June which marks the 50th year in which my parents would have been together and this year that colides with father's day and the obvious world ALS day, now if that weren't enough we have the 23rd of June which marks the day we had mom's funural service. All I really wanna do is crawl in a hole and come out when June has passed. But that is not an option.

In the past few years too many things have been said. There actually is such a thing as talking about crap too much especially when the person you talk to feels the need to open up each and every wound just so they can understand better which in the end is never the case and you're left with your carefully mended and scarred over tissue ripped open again. No better than before but the other one asbolutely convinced they get it now which they don't. Today, as I ran a ten miler which, I really threaded in fear of pain and blisters, something clicked. I just bingewatched the 4th season of the 13 reasons why and I just felt so empty and angry. And it clicked. Forgiveness is not always the answer  even though it is thought to be the one thing that will free your mind from pain and therefore it's not about the other person but about you. However sometimes forgiveness feels like you bending backwards, like you have fucked up when really you didn't and sometimes it is just does not feel right to forgive. Sometimes moving on and letting go is a better answer. Let go of the pain, let go of the things you can not change, let go of fear, anger and hate. Let go by moving forward. Each and every step you take can be a consious decision to let go of all the crap you just do not want to talk about ever again. Not because you wanna bury your memories and the pain but because you simply want to let them exist without the emotions tied to them, like pictures from an old photo album.

As I ran those ten miles I started of very angry, until sadness took over for all the things that once were and will never be again and after that....quietness. And that silence was more profound than any words ever could be. Which is why crawling in hole until July comes around will not be the answer. I will keep moving simply because after everything that is said and done the silence is the only place where memories are pictures without judgement, fear, anger and sadness.

June only has one option and that is to just keep moving. With each and every mile I'll move away from all that never really was but got created and I will not look back in shame and pain anymore. If I start to look back it will be from a far and safe distance. Like fireworks on new years eve. Pretty from a far but dangerous and destructive up close. Remember this: you can always take that next step. That one next step. And you are loved. Run through it all, let it all go. Let go of pain, fear, anger and hate. It doesn't serve you, it empties you. Run and find the silence and find you. You. Not a version of you. YOU.

That's it for now. Be kind to yourself.
Until we read again, as always
Love Marlies

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

The will to succeed....

Hi y'all, The world is filled with wishes, dreams, hopes and fears and I'm happy this tiny orb has all of m and yet that longing, that need, that hope for things to happen or maybe even the fear for them won't ever make anything happen. A dream alone will get you through a dark time but it won't make the night go away. Hope for better times will provide you with some sort of elastic band that might stretch a little further but it won't get you over that gap. A wish is nothing more than a whisper over candle light or a shooting star blasted into a universe that knows no sound and fears are the seeimingly unbreakable ties your mind has you wrapped in. The world won't give you anything, the universe can't hear you. People might and hopefully your mind will. Did you ever experience the absolute need to do something, no doubts nor fears about weather or not you're able to? That is exactly how I felt the first time I started training for a marathon. I wanted

Playing roulette with your emotions

Hi y'all After being part of the amazing Dam-tot-Damloop and having so much fun I am confident I can actually pull off the distance in San Francisco. The hills I'm a little nervous about but I'm doing everything within my options to get stronger so my legs will be able to carry me up and down the hills without losing too much time. This means I started seeing a physical therapist and I'm working on core stability and strength too about three times a week. I do have some breaking news  but I can't share it yet because not all details are clear. As soon as they are I promise y'all a memorable update. As for now....I have been training for the hills in San Francisco. How? Well....last Sunday my love set out a race course over 7 kilometers that included two pretty steep bridges: Amsterdamse brug and Schellingwoudebrug. Just a few pictures that Sander de Boer made for you to enjoy. Thank you Sander for being there all the way. I love you! At the base of the

I will run the Damloop 2013 for ZZF

To my dear Dutch donating friends and all other readers, A new blog. It has been a while since I blogged about anything so why start now? I am fortunate enough to be one of many runners of the famous Dutch Damloop and I've taken on this 10 mile run as fundraiser for a very good cause. They're called Stichting Zeldzame Ziekten Fonds This organisations' main goal is to raise money for research on rare diseases such as Kawasaki's disease and Neuralgic Amyotrophie. Why this organisation when there are so many others? Well that is easy: Since little is known about those rare diseases research needs to be done. As we all know research is expansive and since everybody has to make budget cuts the research on these rare diseases is likely to be put on hold. But did you know in Holland most patients of a rare disease are children? And did you know that most rare diseases are life threatning or leave you (severely) impared? Did you know that in Holland 30% of the children s