Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

My best virtual races

 Hi y'all,

Covid changed everything and one thing I truely am grateful for is that this entire insanity is suddenly breaking the stigma that up til right about this summer still lingered on virtual races. Now I have written about them several times before but today I ran one that to me is currently resetting even my standards. I ran the Groningen 4 mile virtually and it was different. I signed up via NN, I downloaded the mytrace app and chose a coral. So did my running buddy and sure enough....about 5 minutes before gun-time we were texting each other and seriously dealt with raceday jibbers. The gun went off, we took off and along route the audio guide kept us updated on buildings and sites of Groningen. Actually telling me: if you look to the right you can see....and truthfully...I DID and laughed because obvioulsy I did not see the Martini toren because I was running in Lelystad. So much fun.

So today I just wanna name some truely good virtual events that can help you stay motivated to reach your goals even when your gym has to close or you can't work out with friends because of the covid rules. You can always train solo and trust me some of these events are totally worth checking out:


1. Today's NN Runday used My Trace app. I'm not sure but you never know what new events are about to be released. https://mytrace.eu/en/

2. The conqueror events hosts several awesome routes in several epic distances allowing you to bike, walk, run, swim or whatever you can do to get your miles in and reach the destination of your virtual mission. Their races run on the myvirtualmission platform. I am currently walking/running/biking The camino the santiago. Each time I log a bikeride, a run or a walk, my logged miles make my avatar move over the route. I can click on my avatar and see myself on google streetview. Along way I get updates in the form of digital post cards and emails that tell me all about where I am. Once I reach those cathedral doors I will receive an awesome medal. I am loving every minute of this https://www.theconqueror.events/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw2or8BRCNARIsAC_ppyZkYjNniHKSr-iultlL36jo1Mq3XgqKoA1UwXLzBJ1ug6zNSdvkKCEaApfYEALw_wcB

3. More basic but definately not less fun are the ones by virtual runners world. These events can just boost your training schedule and give yourself something to look forward to ones those long runs reach distances over 10km. That awesome piece of bling will make you just run a little faster and or....make the run you had planned with a friend anyway just a little more fun. Go check m out...trust me they have great bling https://virtualrunners.org/collections

4. Another really good party for virtual running is Medal Mad. The launch new events for each month of the year. Giving you just that push to keep up with your trainings and they have events that feature inspirational, beautiful and fun medals. Thay work with an app and checking/logging your distance is very easy. So by all means try one of their races at https://www.medalmad.com/

5. The one virtual events party I will never stop following is the one that started it all for me: PHRC Runclub. A fanbased potter head run club that each and every year hosts amazing events wit one goal: fundraising. Your medal, your participation is a way to help charities fund their missions. And houses compete for the house cup every year. I am in Slytherin OB-VI-OUS-LY and if you, like me, are a true to the gut Potterhead that loves running as much as I do...you have GOT to check m out. Trust me. https://potterheadrunning.org/

Now these are the ones for me right now and I hope I just inspired you to overcome your prejudices if you have m and just actually TRY one of m before you judge people like me for running them. Remember: the distances are real, your goal is real and so is your own integrity. If you wanna go around bragging you ran some distance you actually didn't well than that's on you. Doesn't make any of this less real.

So go out therem change the world and be truthfull to you.

That's it for now, until we read again

as always, love Marlies

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

The will to succeed....

Hi y'all, The world is filled with wishes, dreams, hopes and fears and I'm happy this tiny orb has all of m and yet that longing, that need, that hope for things to happen or maybe even the fear for them won't ever make anything happen. A dream alone will get you through a dark time but it won't make the night go away. Hope for better times will provide you with some sort of elastic band that might stretch a little further but it won't get you over that gap. A wish is nothing more than a whisper over candle light or a shooting star blasted into a universe that knows no sound and fears are the seeimingly unbreakable ties your mind has you wrapped in. The world won't give you anything, the universe can't hear you. People might and hopefully your mind will. Did you ever experience the absolute need to do something, no doubts nor fears about weather or not you're able to? That is exactly how I felt the first time I started training for a marathon. I wanted

Playing roulette with your emotions

Hi y'all After being part of the amazing Dam-tot-Damloop and having so much fun I am confident I can actually pull off the distance in San Francisco. The hills I'm a little nervous about but I'm doing everything within my options to get stronger so my legs will be able to carry me up and down the hills without losing too much time. This means I started seeing a physical therapist and I'm working on core stability and strength too about three times a week. I do have some breaking news  but I can't share it yet because not all details are clear. As soon as they are I promise y'all a memorable update. As for now....I have been training for the hills in San Francisco. How? Well....last Sunday my love set out a race course over 7 kilometers that included two pretty steep bridges: Amsterdamse brug and Schellingwoudebrug. Just a few pictures that Sander de Boer made for you to enjoy. Thank you Sander for being there all the way. I love you! At the base of the

I will run the Damloop 2013 for ZZF

To my dear Dutch donating friends and all other readers, A new blog. It has been a while since I blogged about anything so why start now? I am fortunate enough to be one of many runners of the famous Dutch Damloop and I've taken on this 10 mile run as fundraiser for a very good cause. They're called Stichting Zeldzame Ziekten Fonds This organisations' main goal is to raise money for research on rare diseases such as Kawasaki's disease and Neuralgic Amyotrophie. Why this organisation when there are so many others? Well that is easy: Since little is known about those rare diseases research needs to be done. As we all know research is expansive and since everybody has to make budget cuts the research on these rare diseases is likely to be put on hold. But did you know in Holland most patients of a rare disease are children? And did you know that most rare diseases are life threatning or leave you (severely) impared? Did you know that in Holland 30% of the children s